contact



EMAIL. phlegmcomic@gmail.com

INSTAGRAM. phlegm_art

Friday, September 05, 2014

Royal Opera House, Covent Garden - London.

Collaboration with the Royal Opera House. Festival of Myth curated by Minna Moore Ede of the National Gallery and the Royal Ballet. The work i've done here is based on a blend of my own mythology and that of prometheus and leda and the swan.
     The wall below is a sculptural piece built onto three wooden tiers covering the piazza entrance to the opera house. Sections of this are painted in cut out sections raised from the main structure to add depth. If you can get to see this please do. It's only here for the festival.









I also painted this large wall in the inside of the opera house. This one should remain here for at least the next year.


I also produced all my ideas as copper plate prints which are displayed in the entrance. There are nine a2 size etchings on display in there. I'll do a separate post showing these over the next few weeks.

Big thanks to Matt who helped me pull a 17 hour shift constructing all the cut outs to get this done on time! thanks.